Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Area



Walt: use tiles to cover the lounge floor.

Today for maths we were learning about  area.  We had to partner up with the person next to you. Crystal and I were partners.  When we were doing it we had to use a whiteboard and pretend that it was a lounge floor and needs to be covered. Crystal and I use 150 tiles. I knew that it was 150 because I worked it out by 15 x 10=150. When I looked at everyone decoration for the lounge floor I was excited. They were very unique because some of us used different tiles. I thought that it was hard because we took a little bit long to finish since our tiles were small. Blade and Chase decoration took a little bit longer because their one was a little bit smaller.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary your structure looks awesome. I used the same blocks that you use. Do you think you tiles covered the lounge floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary. Being partners with you was really awesome! Because you just get on with your work and you don't muck around. You are really focused to your school work and that's absolutely fantastic. Do you think the next time we work with Mrs. Ramkolowan, we should do the tiling activity again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, I liked what you wrote about. In my group we were learning about volumes. I have never heard you say words like excited and unique. What do you want to learn next in maths?

    ReplyDelete